1970s - Universal Traveller (UT) started its first shop with its luggage retail business along South Bridge Road by the well-known Singapore River.
1980s - The company moved to highly sought-after locations, opening numerous shops along the prime districts of Orchard Road and Marina Square
1990s - UT expanded its business to a more prominent market in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. The company officially opened its first outlet in Lot 10, the first premier fashion shopping mall then.
Through the effective leadership of the management, the company has been taken to greater heights in the last decade, solidifying and strengthening its position throughout the years as the industry forerunner in travel products, luggage and winter wear.
While Universal Traveller continues to grow its winter products, the company continues to prioritize its presence in the luggage business by cooperating with global brands through distribution.
2009 - The company embarked on a luggage concept store. Aptly named, “Luggage Empire”, the premium retail concept is set upon an exclusive retail setting, only offering the finest brands of luggage including in-house brands Royal McQueen, Jean-Francois and Airways, and other renown global brands such as Calvin Klein, Travel Pro, Heys and Ricardo Beverly Hills.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Asia Pacific Super Excellent Brand Award 2006
- Fair Price Shop Award 2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2010-2011
- Golden Bull Award 2010 – Outstanding SME
- MRCA Achiever Award 2010
- Malaysia Book of Records 2011
- To become the region’s preferred brand for winter fashion in Southeast Asia.
- To provide high-quality and stylish winter wear delivered with uncompromising customer experience at affordable prices.